There are two new and exciting products on the market today available for facial rejuvenation. These new FDA approved fillers are going to last longer, give better results, all with less down time. Perlane and Juvederm are the new fillers that are changing the way we revolumize the skin.
Perlane and Juvederm are made from hyaluronic acid gel, this acid is a natural substance found in the skin and other tissue. As we age our natural hyaluraonic acid is depleted and therefore Perlane and Juvederm restore that depletion. Results of both fillers are lasting from nine months to one year.
- Where are Perlane and Juvederm used?
- Perlane can be used in most any skin folds on the face such as the folds around the nose, the crows feet, smoker’s lines, and also for lip enhancement. Perlane is also great for most scarring found on the face. Juvederm is most commonly used in the folds around the nose and mouth; it is a thicker filler which works great for deeper folds.
- What are the side effects?
- The side effects of Perlane and Juvederm are the same for most fillers, redness at the injection site and at times mild bruising, however these mild side affects usually only last a day or two. Rarely, the side effects can last up to two weeks.
- Perlane and Juvederm are the newest fillers on the market and have the latest technology available and are safe and effective for facial rejuvenation. The results are immediate and longer lasting with minimal downtime. For your free consultation call Dr. John Kayal, a Cosmetic Dermatologist in Marietta who specializes in facial rejuvenation.