The idea of art, words or memories tattooed onto your skin forever sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately, many people end up with “tattoo regret.” However, that doesn’t mean you have to be one of them. At Kayal Dermatology & Skin Cancer Specialists, the good news is we offer highly effective and safe tattoo removal procedures.
Top reasons why people regret their tattoos:
- It interferes with their professional life.
- The tattoo looks terrible because the tattoo artist messed up.
- They were too young, and now they have a different personality.
- The tattoo doesn’t fit their current lifestyle anymore.
- They got a lover’s name that turned into a bad breakup.
- The tattoo is meaningless.
How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
The procedure involves utilizing a laser to penetrate the surface of the skin. This high-intensity light moves through the skin (without damaging it) and causes tattoo ink particles to vibrate, producing heat. As a result, the particles shatter into tiny fragments that are then removed by the lymphoid system.
Treatments can last anywhere between twenty minutes to an hour or more, depending on the size of the unwanted tattoo. Meanwhile, the treatment results are gradual, meaning the tattoo will fade out with each subsequent appointment, and your body’s natural processes will aid in healing.
Laser Tattoo Removal Benefits
There are several advantages to laser tattoo removal procedures, including:
- It’s non-invasive.
- It can either remove specific tattoos or entire regions.
- It causes minimal pain compared to traditional tattoo removal procedures, which were slower and caused burning and irritation symptoms to the treated area.
- It breaks down all ink colors.
- The procedure has minimal recovery time. Some patients may experience slight tenderness and redness in the treated area, but these symptoms should pass within two or three days.
- It is one of the safest methods to get rid of a tattoo, with minimal risks of infection and few uncomfortable side effects post-treatment.
- Laser technology activates the body’s healing state, which includes increased collagen and elastin production, as well as the shattered particles removal by the lymphoid system.
- Scarring is rare.
Tattoo Removal in Marietta
If you have tattoos that you constantly hide, contact us at Kayal Dermatology & Skin Cancer Specialists, or visit our office in Marietta, Georgia. You don’t have to live with regret any longer. Our team can book your tattoo removal appointment today!